If 2020 taught us anything, it was that we're stronger together and that the power of community can work to forge some serious change. With an eagerness to be a helping hand where we can, we're excited to do our part while helping you get involved in doing yours!
We believe that helping one person might not change the world, but it could change the world for one person. This is why for the month of February 2021, your purchase from our "Shop to Give" Black History Month Collection will help support communities of color in accessing mental care and comfort.
We've teamed up with the Loveland Foundation because of their mission to make is possible for Black women and girls to receive therapy support. The Loveland Foundation is making use of fellowships, residency programs, listening tours, and more to help contribute both empowerment and liberation to the communities they serve.
Caring for those around us should be a daily effort and we're excited to invite you to participate in this movement! Shop the cause here.
Here's a list of 10 other great ways from the NAACPto participate in uplifting communities of color during Black History Month and every day after:
1. Support a Black-owned business by following them on social media
2. Visit a Black History or Civil Rights Museum in your local area
3. Host a Black movie marathon (ex. Hidden Figures, One Night in Miami, The Hate U Give)
4. Donate to a Black organization
5. Trace your family history (it may just surprise you!)
6. Read and share a book by a Black author
7. Spend time with a Black elder in your community (from a distance, of course)
8. Cook a soul food meal with the understanding of where the roots come from
9. Support a Black musician, poet, or artist at a local market or on Etsy
10. Sign up to receive news from a Black organization