Because we’ve been instructed to start social distancing ourselves, you may find that you have lots of newfound time on your hands! Here are 15 activities you can do at home to pass the time, keep healthy and enjoy yourself while you’re at it.
1. Buy fruits that flourish during Spring, such as kiwis and cherries and test out new smoothie recipes! You can then freeze the remains and make spring popsicles!
2. Go on a 24-hour social media detox! This to-do increases self-awareness and can help personal growth. Now that we’ve been instructed to social distance ourselves, it can be easy to want to hop on our phones. This could be the time to take a full day to yourself and decompress.
3. Light an aromatic candle. Our suggestion? One made with essential oils like Eucalyptus and Lavender to calm your mind and body. #AromatherapyAddict
4. Create a gratitude list. In the hustle and bustle of this world, we often forget about the things we should be grateful for! Having good health, clothes to wear and a bed to sleep in is something you should constantly remind yourself is more than some will ever have.
5. Listen to good music! Music can change your entire vibe, regardless of the situation. Create a nostalgic playlist or if you’re one of the cool ones, throw a vinyl on your record player! This is such a good way to start your day!
6. Find a quiet spot to meditate. Just as mindful as taking a social media break, meditation can do wonders for unclogging your mind and giving you a fresh perspective on the new season.
7. Whoever said you can’t workout at home was definitely looking for an excuse to kick back on the couch. If you don’t own weights, exercise against your own body mass and keep active!
8. Practice deep breathing. Directly inline with meditation, deep breathing is another step that you can take to recenter your mind and put aside all of your unnecessary, negative thoughts. While you’re at it, pick up journaling and firmly securely those thoughts!
9. This could be the perfect time to finally check up on that friend or family member you’ve been meaning to call. They’ll be beyond excited for the surprise call and you’ll feel much better that you finally reached out.
10. Give yourself a mini pamper session! Whether pampering to you means cuddling with your pet, giving yourself a facial or sleeping for half the day, you deserve it. Stay in this Spring and make yourself feel special!
11. It’s been said that once you’re in a good book, you’re in a good mood. Well, we agree! Whether you’re into mystery novels, poetry or educational reads, pick up a book you love and boost your mood!
12. Pick up the creative hobby you’ve always wanted to start. Whether that means knitting, painting or learning an instrument, creativity is an area of life that most people neglect, but is something that should be allowed to flow freely.
13. Create a summer to-do list! Make sure you’re prepared for July and start writing down the activities you want to dive headfirst into. What’s first on our list? A morning swim at the beach, of course.
14. Make travel plans. The great thing about a plan is that it doesn’t have to be fulfilled anytime soon. Start mapping out your dream vacay and plan it for months, if not years down the line!
15. Try something new. We’ve left this one totally open for you! This is your turn to think of something you’ve never done before and do it.